19 April 2023

Why we smile

Hi
      Hello
How are you?
      How ya doing?
I'm doing fine
      Me too
Great to hear
      Same
So
      Yeah
Well
      It was nice to see you
And you
      Alright, catch you...
Why do you think people smile?
Why, mechanically, do we curve our mouth when we want to smile
Do you reckon there's some deeper meaning? 
      Mate
And why do we feel happiness at all?
That thing which makes the highs so high
Allowing us to counter stand fast through the lows
      Ummm
Is there some cheat code to it all?
Some animals don't have the muscles to smile
Do they never feel happiness?
      Well
But a smile is a thing of beauty, I think we all agree
You smiling makes me want to smile
So is that the answer to it all? Just a way to share happiness.
      Honestly, not sure mate
Ah. Fair enough
      See you soon?
Sure
      Oh, yeah. One thing
Go on
      I'm not sure why we smile. But I tend to when I see you. Hope that helps.
It does. Thanks mate.
      No worries mate. See ya.
See you

No comments:

Post a Comment