9 October 2024

An offering to Muse

Dear Muse 

I have come to make another offering of experience and memory

wrapped up in emotional filters and personal bias

please, please, help me turn this into something new

let me take these thoughts and feelings and create

with the stitches hidden behind folds of metaphor

where the seams are good contrast rather than shoddy craftsmanship

so that only a trained eye can see where it all falls apart


my Dear Muse, who finds philosophy in the mundane and routine in excitement

I have journeyed long

help me not to falter

to finish what I create

to keep unique in my craft 

and to find more offerings which can blend with the first


see, my Muse

You may be a product of this human algorithm of neurological processes and interpretations

but with some spark of soul and creativity 

I will keep spinning lines from axons 

I will touch the shared consciousness beyond my own

And try to make something greater than myself


Muse, whatever you are

help me create

one more time

and then one more

No comments:

Post a Comment