5 February 2025

Time Isn't Money

Time isn't money - you can be precious with each penny
But each second that you spend? Well it's simply one of many
Yes with both there is a test to invest your very best
But at the limit there's a lesson that you should stress a little less

If you wish to be frugal with your Rubel you can Google the best way
...but you can't hoard hours away to have them on a rainy day
There are always moments doing nothing yet we never have enough
One thing I've tried to do is to learn to love the fluff

Treasure your time but still spend it. 
Drink too much wine and then regret it.
Be kind to your mind when you're repentant.
Find a way to unwind that means you meant it. 

Time is time for everyone, no matter how much you try to sift
Just remember it's ok to enjoy this curse and gift
Be grateful for the moments you didn't optimise into the aether
You are not above planning, and you're not below it either

Your time is yours to use, in any way you choose
It can't be wrong or right, it's not a game that you can lose
It is your life. As stressful as I know that it can be
All of this to say, I'm thankful that you've spent this time with me


***

At a later poetry night, I ended up adding the following lines taken from a previous poem (Time spent well) as a nice example of how time should be spent:

Now here are some lines dedicated to time spent well
Since time is the resource we can't help but sell

Dear friend. Matt. I know I enjoyed spending time with you.
And I can only hope you enjoyed the time too

We both spent time to buy a small duration together
And though time is fleeting, history lives forever

Truths are tricky, but I believe this one is clear
Time spent well doesn't lead to money, but instead to memories you hold dear

No comments:

Post a Comment