20 September 2023

I'm feeling a rhyme

now hold on just a second because I'm feeling a rhyme
it might take a minute but I'll get it in time
so hold on with me and well see where to go
let me follow and scheme for the direction of flow

your see I'm a, ink-on-page addict who's addict to art
there's no greater blood rush than touching a heart
I once was a cynic but now I'm out of denial
about how I live for the tear and I live for the smile

it's a, strange thing to trust in some lines
to follow a thread through twists and winds
but for, those who the rush is a must in a brand new verse
you better follow for better least you leave it for worse

poetry is absurd, I know this to be true
but I'll follow it still, I hope you will to
the journey will always have it's prose and rhyme
the only choice you have is whether to give it time

***

Written before the Holwer's Poetry night in York


No comments:

Post a Comment