4 September 2024

Fires in the fields

How do you see the world?
Is it happy, is it sad?
Is it mostly one, the other?
I think we all feel it's a little mad

But it is a different shade we see
Tinted by our life and struggle
Suffering, and celebration
How we dealt with trouble

I know some see these fields
As darkness with only little light
That we may put in great effort
Yet always lose ourselves to night

When I meet those folk
Who see warmth as only fleeting
I feel a little of their sadness
That the darkness might be defeating

Then I steel to my core
And I light my fire high
And I will burn with brightness
And I know the reason why

Because I do not think the world
Is unhappy at its core
And I do not think as humans
That we cannot fight for more

We have conquered some diseases
We have learned to sail the sky
We can speak across all boarders
And we fail but still we try

For the good moments aren't just moments
The light is just as strong as dark
If you see the world a little with me
The I will share with you my spark


No comments:

Post a Comment