23 December 2015

I'm a Christian

I am a Christian, but I am not an evangelist.

See, I do believe, I find beauty in the bounty of creation, and without hesitation (or even much provocation) I can say why I find it amazing we exist.

It's had an impact on my life, minimised my strife, is important for if I ever seek out a wife, and that my faith is never something I have missed.

But that's exactly it, it's been ever present never evanescent simply a part of my element and evident in more ways than I could ever list.

I'm not sure I could ever do without, and so I'm scared to shout to preach aloud, though I'm allowed, and truly proud, but too much of an analyst

See, I never enter argument without indicant that I myself could find I could change mind were I too unwind and find myself an unwanton errorist

I care too deeply, too invested in the answer, to be tested, lest I'm bested, not in jest but in a way which strikes me as a theorist.

And yet, that's nearly all that I encounter as a doubter I will shout the protestation that "I'm still not sure about this"

And so it goes. All around me know and show certainty and thus I stand awkwardly in piety for myself that while I do believe as a Christian in Christ and all his gifts.

I am not an evangelist.

No comments:

Post a Comment