18 July 2018

Young Icarus

The sun is not for you, young Icarus
You will burn your wings trying to reach so tall

Let me burn my wings then
So that in learning how to rise, I will know what it is to fall
Just as I know it is better to have learned to dream
Than never to have flown at all

Icarus, The fall will be great
You will never return to the sky

Would it be better not to leave the ground?
Should I also make sure I don't jump too high?
To be human is to fail
And what could be more human than one last great goodbye

You must know restraint boy
The world will learn lessons from how you fly

What lessons do they expect?
What marvels they may see
Not one who has clipped wings
But one who soars above the sea

Your pride will be your downfall
In both ways, you end alone

But I will end up alone in the heavens either side
My tale is not of caution
The tale of Icarus is not of pride
Just that it is possible to fail
For those that dare to touch the sky


No comments:

Post a Comment