17 April 2019

Try to be kind

I hope I'm described as someone who was kind.

We don't control our legacies
Fate takes us in many ways
Of course I want to have stories
Ups and downs and nights and days

I will meet many people
Each one on a journey of their own
Together we will face challenges
Apart from those we face alone

I may outwit a monster
I may out-muscle it too
Every victory - every loss - helps us grow
I know that to be true

But, however hard things get
How ever beaten down I am
I aspire to be the type of person
That always lends a hand

When one day I fall, as we all will
Those who remain will gather and talk
Describe who I once was
The path that I now walk

They may talk of deeds or failures
Of my looks, of my belief, of my fire
While these aspects are not nothing
Know it is my dearest desire

That they may honestly describe me as someone who tried to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment