14 September 2022

Storyteller

Stories, stories, I wish I could weave a better tale
Sit longer than the time it takes for a rhyme
And craft, chapter by chapter before it grows stale
And I feel I must move on in my mind

Poets of old wrote epics most grand
They would carry on for verse after verse
But, whether prose or not prose, they are planned
And require dedication to which I am sadly adverse

I wish it weren't so. 
I know I could build myself.
Practice commitment to a character.
See an arc which curves slowly over time.
Not be rushed by my self-imposed weekly deadline.
Grow into maybe a more mature author who tells something worth retelling.

But I am comfortable in my silly lines.
And I still feel I like I am exploring new ground.
So, for now, I'll stick with where this path winds.
Although, one day, maybe a longer tale will be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment