16 August 2023

I am a fixer, I swear

Look, I'm just a simple man searching for redemption
For the many mistakes that I make each day
I screw up. Regularly, and often without hesitation
So I then need to show that I can do it right, okay?

I want to atone for my sins and what I do wrong
Occasionally, I'm given that chance
And I cross out the mistake, hit the note in the song
I get my rhythm right in the dance

Other times, things just keep going badly
So I have to stop and take a break
Maybe the task was too much for me sadly
That's fine, that's something I can take

The worst for me is when there's no second chance
I'm side-lined and will just have to cope
It is decided for me that I am just not to advance
I'm not good enough, there's no hope

To any boss in the future, any partner I make
I will mess up when I play my part
Hopefully, then, you'll find your trust doesn't break
And I can prove myself a fixer at heart

No comments:

Post a Comment