13 September 2023

always a younger sibling

I was always a younger sibling
So emitted younger sibling energy
I gave the impression of someone
Without much responsibility

And while I did eventually take some on
And tackled such tasks with great aplomb
And learned overtime what it's like to grind
I can't help but ponder something on my mind

Would I be a different person
What I recognise myself as me?
If I was someone with younger siblings
And had a childhood with more responsibility?

Would I feel more peer pressure and begin to drink?
Would I be more constrained in how I dress and think?
Would I be better with time and better manage each hour?
Would I understand more what it's like to have power?

It's not like a desire, just a curiosity
And not something I'm thinking about too practically
But in a world of what-ifs where I work out my worth
I wonder if some things were fixed from my birth

No comments:

Post a Comment