13 March 2024

What inspires

we don't choose what inspires us
and I have been inspired by some very dumb things
but I still love them
I love the insight that dumb things can bring

it will inspire an idea of which I'm genuinely proud
and I'll share that idea in a conversational crowd
people can enjoy it and I just sit there in fear
that they'll ask me what inspires this great idea

and I have to say it was an Adam Sandler movie

there's a reason "high art" makes us pause and reflect
but I feel "low art" gets too much disrespect
it's talented in itself for hitting a spot to help us relax
even if it doesn't charge our brains the biggest tax

but humans are curious, I love that about those beings
and we are maybe too predisposed to thoughts and feelings
embrace it, share it, if possible without remorse
love the inspiration you found in an unlikely source

No comments:

Post a Comment