9 January 2013

#2 The Chattering Classes

Collecting phrases is a habit of mine, it's just something to do as time passes.
And I have to say I struggle to think of a phrase I find more fine than 'the chattering classes'
(Thats a great rhyme by the way, it works no matter how you'd pronounce it
But this here couplets a little pretentious, so I'm going to go ahead and renounce it).
Anyway,
I pledge today
To become a member of the chattering elite
Those who know me know my chatter is hard to beat
But I have a feeling, if I were to bite the bullet and put myself to the test
I would find it difficult to chatter with the best
My words are weak, my lexicon is lax - at its worst its banter
I can talk you into a trance but I know I'm not an enchanter
If I really want to join this most distinguished of professions
To get into these chattering classes, I'm gonna need some lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment