1 January 2013

Mission Statement


Objective: I pledge to have a new poem posted here every Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning (before I go to sleep) for 2013.

Why?: I know my poetry is rubbish. And it's something I'd quite like to get better at, both the writing and the performing.
This isn't me writing for anyone but myself, but it's being made public so that others can criticize me and give me advice. And if you happen to enjoy it, that's a happy bonus.
I'm not going to be regularly posting this stuff to my facebook page, so you don't need to worry about anything like that. But for those who want to help it out, suggest a topic or two and maybe get a poem written about them, or even do the same task themselves, well, I'll be very grateful.
I know I've got a lot to improve on. This quote from Ira Glass describes how I feel right now - http://vimeo.com/24715531 - in so many parts of my life.

For those that don't know, I started doing poetry for people in leaver's books at school. Then, at University, I performed it for the first time. And from that point I've improved so much in just a year, even though I've only been writing little bits here and there. However, I know I'm still rubbish, and that I've still got a lot to improve on. I'm excited about what I'm going to be like a year from now, but there's a lot of work to get to that point.

Anyway summary over. If you're still with me, I'll be happy to see you around for the year ahead. :)

Signed,
A knowingly naive Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment