7 May 2013

#19 Just a fish

Hey, I'm just a fish in the sea
And guess what, there's plenty more of me
Always has been and hopefully always will be
But we don't taste the same, we're quite unique

See I'm aware I'm the subject of many a metaphor
Just a phrase for there being an abundance, and there always being one more
But I'd like to counter that with utmost vigour
For not every fish is one you would wish to seek

And hey, the water's the place I like to dwell
When I'm out of it I wouldn't do so well
Unless I'm under some magical Disney-like spell
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try something new

It's better to challenge yourself in new situations
Being stuck in a rut just causes frustration
Being the fish out of water can cause some great new adaptations
After all, a fish that left the seas long ago eventually became you

We're all unique in our choices and decisions
No saying is ever going to be perfect to every fish you see
I guess here is the climax to this vision
You too were once just another fish who left the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment