2 September 2013

#36 Thank Yous and Responce

So, it's started to happen slowly,
That among the 1000+ people who are friends on facebook
The 1% of you who've seen me link (or maybe 2%)
Who've thrown caution to the wind and given my poetry site a look

And then decided it wasn't as bad as you thought
And told me you quite liked what was written here
And possibly been kind and told me to promote further
I wanted to respond to make myself clear

But first, let me thank you in an unreserved manner
It was really unexpected, that you actually liked my little spiels
It really does make me happy and surprise me everytime
One of you comes and admits my poetry held a little appeal

And while I truly am glad, allow me to be a little blunt
For I'm a sham, and the selfishness of this blog is my vice
For the main reason for me writing this was for me
So I could see myself improve and realise some advice

If you're feeling brave, flick between the start and now
I feel I've already got better than I was before
And I want to keep getting better and better
Until the better of my poetry is rooted at it's core

I know this sounds bad. And I may actively try to promote in the future
But right now I'm not quite there.
So while you're reading this from the comfort of your computer
Let me state right now, I'm really glad you care.

That each view does make me glad.
And people returning to read more is just, well, great.
And if you hang on a bit further until I'm a little less bad
I'll try my best to make it worth your wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment