12 February 2014

Love: Long Distance

Dear Lover,
Though you're many miles away,
There's no one I hold closer to me than you
Though right now I can't hold your hand
You're still the one helping me pull through

Though when I wish you "good morning"
You may be wishing me back "good night"
Though you may be too far for me to see you
I assure you, you're still my light

The distance is far,
Sometimes it can feel too great
From the space between us,
You've seemed distant of late

Just know I'm holding on
Waiting for the day
When we've saved up the money
When we've found a way

To bridge the distance
The world has put between us
It feels like I've done wrong
Being punished for some crime

Yet we'll stitch up the gap
So well that it seems seemless
So that every time I do see you
We embrace again for the first time
Love, x

No comments:

Post a Comment