18 July 2014

Age: A pre-mid-life crisis

So, here's the thing. I'm just at the stage in my life where my decisions have just a bit more impact than I'm comfortable with. That what I decide to do now may just end up affecting the rest of my life. And, well, that's not the easiest thing in the world for me to deal with.


In a pre-mid-life crisis
The best advice
is to try not to panic and shout
So get on my page
As I preach from the stage
to tell you what it's all about

Time is a finite resource
So, quick! Decide your course
with what you've learnt already somehow
But each day you are given
Yet another decision
which will decide your life from now

Is your lust for money shameless
Do you want to be famous
and maybe end up in Hollywood
Do you want to make an impact
Or just live with the fact
you don't know what to do in adulthood

So now you are stressed
And I have to say I'm impressed
that you've held together thus far
So just take a quick break
Before you make a mistake
and I will try to make it seem less bizarre

Don't be scared to wander
To discover and ponder
and change course wherever you may desire
Uncertainty is no sin
And you are not caged in
unless you decide to create your own barbed wire

No comments:

Post a Comment