2 July 2014

Age: To be young again

I don't want to be young again.

I don't want to be young again,
because I try not to forget there were bad things about being young
 
To have to still be doing work I don't care for
To still be embarrassed about not getting drunk
To be ashamed to develop talents
To have to relive teenage mood swings
To not yet be really thinking for myself.

Yeah, I don't really want to be young again,
because I'd have to undo so much of my life

I'd have to unmeet so many good friends
To respend all those hours working hard
To have to forget so many memories
To be bored for all those hours
While I may not have a spare moment these days, I think I like it that way

Because, honestly, the reason I don't want to be young again
Is because, even though I know 21 is still young, when I start wanting to be younger, I stop wanting to get older

If I feel like my best days are behind me
If I add a rose-tinted filter to all days past
Then I would probably stop trying right now.
Part of me does want to be young again
But much more of me wants to find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment