4 February 2015

The Host

I imagine on this night, Life manifest as a reality show.
With the Host cloathéd in white from his head to his toe
His grin, it sparkles. His voice is veneer.
The lights go dark, his will becomes clear.

For now at least, he's running the game
He'll unleash your beast, he'll make you feel shame
He's got questions and challenges to test every master
Your heart starts to race as the beat it gets faster

"So, are you ready? Let's test what you know.
 You'd better be steady because it's 3-2-1-Go!
 You think you're an adult, I know this about you
 But that thought feels at fault, so let's see what you do"

I know I can't resist, I have no defense
But I get his gist, I put on a pretense
"Sure I'm ready host, I'll show you no fear"
 He knows this to be boast, he sees through me clear

"Host, bring it on, I can adult with the best
 Just ask almost anyone and bring on your test"
He grins ear to ear, raises his hands to the skies
And I know that right here, my pretense of adulthood dies

Snow. Snow falls from the sky in flakes
I know that I'll soon be revealed as a fake
I try to pretend it makes me sick, muster up a pretense
Start complaining about traffic, how cold it'll be hence

...I can't pretend for long. A smile beams on my face
I burst into song as my heart starts to race
I may be nearly an adult, but I'm still a child at core
The Host fades into his grin, triumphant once more


No comments:

Post a Comment