25 February 2015

The Slow Route




I took the slow route today
It's odd, but I think I liked it.

It turns out, the place that I live is remarkably beautiful.
The sun can indeed shimmer, if you look at it right.
If neither of you are going too quickly, you can exchange a good morning with strangers.
Close up, scenery isn't actually blurred.

The space between worlds is a destination itself
The journey is not intrinsically interwoven with the destination
Time, is not merely a deadline
Time is what we are given to experience the world.

The path I walked was beaten, but not previously be me
It had a stone wall one one side, sometimes. People tending allotments on the other
The streams flowed. Picking up some sediment, but also leaving it to rest.
Baby birds really are absolutely tiny.

The cliché of life going too fast is well known.
But life doesn't go fast. We do.
When we don't, we often don't move at all.
Needing to rest from going fast the whole time.

Slow. Slow is a new one to me.
Not quite rest. But far from fast.
I won't take it again for a while. Tomorrow is down as a fast day.
But the trail is not as unfamiliar now as it was.
Taken from http://hs2theslowway.blogspot.co.uk/

Yesterday, I took my bike in for repairs. Meaning I had an hour long walk to lectures. Given the choice of the conventional road route and the route across parks/over streams, I decided to gamble on the latter, hoping I could find my way. In addition, on of my favourite artists released an ambient ep, you can check here - http://levipatel.bandcamp.com/album/of-sleep-and-time - meaning that, today, I'm no where near as rushed as I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment