10 February 2016

You perfect man

You poor little thing, you impossible soul
You who hold the most difficult goal
That among every human on this decrepit earth
Only you have been perfect since birth

The rest of us mortals, we pale next to you
Engaging in things only you have right to
So clearly only thee, blesséd among all
Have the final say and ultimate call

I've never seen you step over your line
Knowing precise the justness of crime
Always in the right place, exactly the right amount late
With the perfect etiquette for first second and third date

If we differ on an issue, it's always me who is wrong
If we sing different tunes, then I know not the song
I've never seen you admit to losing any sort of debate
About who it's right to love, and whom I must hate

I'm trying to learn from you, I really am
From such an honest and uncorrectable man
You give me such much feedback and also advice
About who I am and why I'm not nice

So accept my sympathy, you poor little thing
About the day to day horrors this earth must bring
For it must give you much stress and cause you much fuss
To live among mortals such as us.

No comments:

Post a Comment