4 May 2016

We're Animals

Sometimes I like to say
Let's go wild and adventure
So lets go to our baser nature
And be animalistic in how we play

Yet

I don't wanna be a jellyfish
     'cause without needing to wish
        you can already see right through me
I don't wanna be a zebra neither
     'cause I don't need ya
          to spend that much time crossing me

I don't wanna be a lion
     I'm not lyin'
          I don't wanna have that much pride
I don't wanna be an armadillo
     Couldn't be your pillow
         I just wanna be right there by your side

I don't wanna be a bat
     Or a rat or a cat
         Or anything else in fact than what you see
I don't wanna be a tortoise
     Or a porpoise
           Or anything other than you and me

I don't wanna defend
    The fact I wanna to spend
          Every second at your beck and call
In the end,
    Let's not pretend
         We're anything but animals after all

       

No comments:

Post a Comment