12 October 2016

Enjoy the ride

"Ladies and Gentleman. Please be ready.
The ride is about to begin.
Get ready for the world to move by fast
Because none of you are strapped in"

I've heard it said, that life is the journey
That was the type of mantra that would never concern me
Because we would try to strip it down to the core
Like - well then what on Earth are we travelling for?

Well let me tell you, plain and true.
That I, quite frankly, have no clue.
I've quizzed the navigator, asked the driver
I've talked to the world 'til I'm out of saliva
We've gone in circles at least seventy times
Life's given us lemons, but also plenty limes
I'm fairly sure we're moving, but no idea where
The passengers around me all seem prepared
But they keep on changing and switching seats
It just seems strange to travel on repeat

So here's what I think is actually the case
Life's not a journey, nor is it a race
While certificates are great to show what you've done
It doesn't make you better than someone with none
We are not competing. There is no "You tried".
There is simply you, 'til the day you've died.

Life is. And every moment, from beginning to end
Should not be a day for playing the greatest game of pretend

You don't know what's happening, nor do I.
Go find the questions, and just enjoy the 'why'
Be amazed at the world, both external and inside
But mostly, my friend, enjoy this ride.


Obvious tribute to Bill Hicks is needed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w

No comments:

Post a Comment