25 January 2017

I just created something

I just wrote something down
     Hey, look at me: I just wrote something down!
And it may cause some people to smile and some people to frown,
But I did this. I created something new.
It's flawed and it's weird and it's me through and through.
I have no doubt there was hesitation involved in its creation,
And that motivation was the pursuit of procrastination.

But still. It's here. It's here and it's in my hand.
It starts off shakey, the ending wasn't planned,
And the middle is ok and overall it's just fine,
But it's here. And it exists. And it's mine.
It's mine to the word and it's mine to the letter,
And if the rhymes don't quite scan then that doesn't matter.

The trick was to start. Take it from my heart the trick was to start,
And not get caught up and lost in the state of my art.
I just put down some lines, hoped for the best,
Kept myself going showing no need to rest,
Until, finally, I'd got to the end.
And then, my friend, I'm not going to pretend,

You're supposed to just leave it as static and stale,
You should tell someone about it. Tell them your tale.
Listen to the feedback they do and don't give,
Let you work breath, let it grow and live.
But to get to this point there's only one trick I've found
You need simply to start. And write something down.

No comments:

Post a Comment