26 April 2017

Dear Individual

This may stand contrary to all you’ve heard in your life thus far
But if people like you, they like you for who you are
And in my case, that means I like you as someone different to me
As someone with a whole different life philosophy
And as long as you’re ok that we won’t always see eye to eye
That you might shout a fervent nay when I say aye
Realise that I in fact do want to hear your present and past
Where we intertwine and where we contrast
And we will bond, please don’t get me wrong
When we sing the same notes of the same song
When we share a tune not many others know
Oh what a blissful place we could go!
But that doesn’t mean you should be embarrassed to say
Where your tune and mine flow a separate way
That that’s just how it is. And then we’ll depart.
You’ll go on your way, and follow your heart.
Though I may disagree with your choice, I’ll always confess

That it never means I love you any less.

No comments:

Post a Comment