23 August 2017

A gut reaction

It may just be a passage to lead to the butt but
I have a message you should trust your gut
Even though this logic may seem insane
I often think it better not to trust my brain

So many times, without much reasoning
I feel that “my sandwich might need some spicy seasoning
Maybe I should buy this thing I don’t need
Maybe I should do this fun misdeed”

My brain says “no, you’re being unreasonable
Some of these choices aren’t even feasible
There may be some things that I don’t know
But this choice should almost certainly be no”

And when my system one has won
I find myself having much more fun
Whether the decision is made in day or made in night
I’ve grown to trust my gut to be right

And so my daughter, yes I’m speaking to you
There may be no individual reason this statement is true
But believe me when I say I trust utterly that which my gut happens to think

Which is that your room contains far too much pink

No comments:

Post a Comment