6 September 2017

Back to the Past

Man, it's the super power of which we'd all boast
The one day-to-day that we'd value the most
What if, rather than being super strong or super fast
You could step back in time and alter the past?

Currently, you take a retrospective intellect
But with respect can make no effect
On the mistakes you made, the time you mispoke
Well don't be afraid, lets go for broke

Because now you have a retroactive fact-of-the-matter
Way to be active in the past, change the latter
Just be careful, heed my warning
It's good to let the day refresh each morning

I tell you what, if I had this power
I'm not sure I'd ever live more than an hour
Sometime the past is better left lived
Sometimes there's no use in regretting what you did

I think a window to the past, means I'd only every stare that way
I'd never plan, only try and redo every each day
And I realise, I would not be able to handle this great responsibility
Instead, I'll just do what I can with the time that has been given to me

No comments:

Post a Comment