26 December 2018

Gift

I am the gift you barely unwrapped,
    You barely glanced at me for a second.
I am potential, fully untapped,
    An answer you never saw beckon.

Someone, somewhere, cares for another me,
    I am used each and every day.
Perhaps even you would use me regularly,
    If I were presented in a different way.

Maybe I am just unloveable,
    A gift for no one that exists.
Or, worse still, forgettable,
    Mid-point on every list.


Just be careful with the gifts you spurn,
    Those of us you toss aside.
Rare is the aid you don't have to earn,
    When chance is on your side.

So heed well these words from one neglected,
    Some gifts are not easy to give.
If you wish not to end regretful and reflective,
     You must allow those gifts you are given to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment