19 December 2018

Leaky Shield

Some days are clear. Others are cloudy.
I'll be here in dark skies, if you'll allow me.
If you look up high and see only rain.
Come find me please. Do not refrain.

I may not be the best shelter around.
I waver in wind, there's holes to be found.
But if you need, I'll be your leaky shield.
I will stand quite strong. Almost never yield.

Sometimes, I may bring grey skies of my own.
On some of these times, you may need me to leave you alone.
But if, once or twice, you could leaky shield me too.
Then please ignore my protestations that "I don't need you to".

We all have bad days. They will come. Often with no warning.
Every person on Earth has woken up to a grey morning.
On those days we must both know there is no weakness to say.
"Please, I may need some shelter today."

No comments:

Post a Comment