26 June 2019

The abyss

I've seen the abyss but I didn't collect a ticket
Most of the time I'm lucky and don't go near it

But I know others that have a little house on the edge
Comfortable walking the path around that ledge
It's the life they know
Where their fate flows
And I'm amazed at the strength they never fail to show

I've not stared too deep, and don't wish to any time soon
But I've seen deep into the eyes of those whose abyss is in full bloom
And I want to say
That everything is ok
And opine that all is fine and not to go that way

But I wont do them the discourtesy of pretending
That I have the answers to a thing I'm not questioning
They know better than I
Where answers lie
Those shouting into the deep abyss the eternal why

Just know I'm here, and I'll venture near with a rope
Doing all I can to stay an honest man and help you cope

There's things I can't help with. But some I can.
If you need some support, then take my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment