3 July 2019

Caterpillar

I am very fond of my caterpillar friend
They work very hard, and like to pretend
That they are brave, this caterpillar I know
But life is tough, and little caterpillars need to grow
Despite all the dangers they face beyond belief
Trying to shake them off from their caterpillar leaf

Life is tough, so don't feel any caterpillar shame
From hiding away from this caterpillar game
Having to rest a while in a pupa bed
Means I will simply call you my chrysalis friend instead
And I will wait. For you to emerge. In your own time
Don't let me rush you, caterpillar chrysalis friend of mine

Because we all go through changes, need time alone
And dear caterpillar chrysalis friend of mine, oh how you have grown
You may not believe me, and you were always beautiful
And you may think I'm saying it just to be dutiful
But after all the growth, it's possible this story will end
With me calling you now, instead, my butterfly friend


Dedicated to a friend, who was going through some tough changes, and deserved to feel a little special.

No comments:

Post a Comment