26 February 2020

Arrive

Hey, I'm here!
Where? Here!
But where is here?

Here is where I am right now
The product of a thousand whys and hows
All the people I've met and a thousand decisions
Have led me to here with utmost precision!

It's amazing!
What? Yeah!
No, what are you talking about?

I could be living anywhere, I could be doing anything
Just think of all the many things that tomorrow could bring
Then apply it to a year and the many different ways
That result from choices made on many different days

Then apply it to two years, three years, four
And think how unlikely it is as you keep adding more
That you arrived right here to this place to this time
Experiencing what is really a quite silly rhyme

Sometimes we arrive with purpose or we arrive without drive
But no matter how or why you got here, you have now arrived
What you do, now you're here? Without hesitation,
I can say you are doing the thing that will lead you to the next destination

No comments:

Post a Comment