5 February 2020

Through the wires

click click. click click. tap tap. click.
Just like that, my message is converted to electronic semaphore
Broken up into unrecognisable splinters
Sent a thousand miles
And read by a friend on the other side of the really quite giant hunk of rock to which I am gravitationally attached.

I could, technically, send a message skittering off over near the whole surface of this world.
Maybe off world, to be sent via satellite.
Take a chance and send a package of letters echoing in to space
Words have power. And we can send our words almost anywhere

So, with this newfound power, let me preach caution
We say so much, as a species. We say more than we can possible listen.
I get overwhelmed by this power to say so much to so many
And it seems that there are those that don't. Those willing to talk enough to get their voices heard
Is that then the answer? We must all talk as much as possible?
I hope not. I like talking, but I'm not sure I'd like to depend on it for a living.

Be careful then. You are an amplifier.
Do not let your words lose their value
Nor let people forget the value of theirs
Take time to craft something worth amplifying, if you wish it to be seen by many.

And if your message is only meant for one,
Then make it worth the scientific magic that will transport it.
Let your words sparkle through the wires
And light up someones heart.
click

No comments:

Post a Comment