15 September 2021

Partial victory

If you can't fix it fully, why even try?
What point is such effort worth?
Just give up,
they plead and cry
And cease any attempt henceforth

As nice is quick solutions are
Some things can't be solved in one leap
Honestly, this realisation can take you far
Despite not really being that deep

Because some people seem to oppose
Incremental progress of any kind
I will never solve racism, sexism, or other woes
I wont eliminate a disease of body or mind

But I may be one less straw on a camel's back
And I may lift off one more while I'm there
I can ask others to help this incremental attack
Together, we can make a load easier to bare

So I may not solve racism by taking a knee
I may not stop Covid by wearing a mask
But if I'm not harming anyone then maybe
These small steps aren't too much to ask?

Especially if I'm not acting as one
And you take these small steps with me
Because these big battles can be won
If we recognise a partial victory is still a victory


No comments:

Post a Comment