22 September 2021

Practice

    This poem is just me practicing my lines
Nothing more, and nothing less
    It simply serves a lyrical marker
A step from which I will progress

    One day, after many years and words have passed
A rhyme or line might be reused
    Maybe for a poem I care deeply about
Or a small ditty to keep me amused

    This poem though, is not deep
It just serves as a foundation
    That does not mean it's not important!
Just that it's not worth your consideration

    For the poem that I one day memorise
With stanzas I learn to recite with passion
    Will contain countless foundations
Many threads within its fashion

    This poem is just me practicing my lines
It stand alone. Rough, jagged, but whole.
    And I am very thankful for poems like this
Because without them, I would never reach my poetic goal. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment