26 January 2022

Who to trust?

So, when it comes down to it, who do you believe?
In a world of billions, whose truth do you receive?
There are many places in life where we have to trust
I'll never travel to space or below the Earth's crust
But I'll still accept that there's magma below my feet
That the vacuum of space is devoid of heat
Despite the nuances of all speech which need interpretation
I am utterly dependent on others in language translation
I have never spoken in person to the people inside the TV
So how do I know what global affairs they relay honestly?

My truth is not yours dear reader. I cannot tell you what to think.
But I do not believe that facts will inherently rise or sink
We must seek out and protect those things we see as real
But know which things are malleable and which are steel
There are bad actors in the world. Those who seek money or power.
But many good folk as well, even if flawed or dour.
Reader, I'm still searching for my Truth
I am scientist, sceptic, citizen, and sleuth
Don't hold hate in your heart, or at least not forever
And we can search for the truth together

No comments:

Post a Comment