19 January 2022

Gem Friends

I view my friends as gems
    and not a one of them is perfect
They are cut in weird ways
    they angle in odd directions
You learn over time which rays
    will then refract or reflect
And I love them all through their imperfections

We like to pretend we're pure
    Not a scratch upon any surface
But despite the many marks upon them
    I love how my friends sparkle in the sun
How part of them will glimmer
    with that smile upon their face
And that their pattern imparted on the Earth is unique to every one

It is no easy thing to be honest 
    about how damaged and flawed we are
We pretend that we somehow never hurt
    and are somehow never ill
But it is because I already know
    and I accept their marks and scars
That I know that, whatever comes, I will love my gem friends still


***

Inspired by this lovely tortoise and dino comic

No comments:

Post a Comment