30 March 2022

Fake Happy

Sometimes it's a struggle to convince people I'm not fake happy
I'm just, y'know, happy

That's not to say I don't feel down sometimes or insecure
Not to say I don't have imposter syndrome a mile high
Just that when I take a step back and breath and appreciate things
I'm ok with being insecure

While I can (and have before) listed all the things in my life that could be better
I do miss several friends I wish I could live closer too and talk more with
And I'm not as good at this skill and I'm not as good at that skill
Not to mention I feel like I'm not where I'm supposed to be in my passions
Or that I sometimes feel like I'm struggling with work when others manage more easier
And, yeah, things could be better

But I've got to appreciate the good place I'm in right now
I am working on projects I enjoy with people who inspire me
I'm still on a journey in faith, but I'm enjoying the steps I'm taking
I'm getting to meet many new friends and know my family better too
So, when I think about the right now

Sure, there's nuances to the term, but I'm happy to say I'm not wearing a forced smile
It's genuine. Most of the time, at least 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment