8 June 2022

Passport

Passport:
Name.
Date of Birth.
Country of Origin.
Picture.
Some simple truths to form your ID.
But, well, I don't really feel like that's really me.

I get it. It's a unique identifier.
A quick way to check if I'm a lier.
But no human who just met me would remember,
Whether I was born in October or November.

It doesn't say if I'm kind, or if I work too hard.
Next to my secret numbers on my credit card.
And it doesn't say what music I would prefer,
When legally driving, alone or chaffeur.

If I'm carrying something to show who I really am.
It'd be nice to have fun facts, like my favourite jam!
Or maybe some passions that get me up in the morning.
It could be useful to say whether I snap without warning...

Then again, gently putting privacy issues to one side
This poetic idea is one that would never have survived.
It's not that the beauty wouldn't make our passport stronger.
Just the fact it would make airport queues even longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment