2 November 2022

30

I'm 30 now. Thir-ty.
    Feels like a lot of years.
    Feels like a lot of days.
    Feels like a lot of time, in general.

Time in which most people have sorted things out.
But hey, I've been late on deadlines before,
    what's one more deadline to add to the list?

I recently chatted to a lot of people who had just started work
    and all of them were tired.
    and I'm tired too.
    but, well, not in that way, I think.

I've made progress in things.
Just not always the things I was supposed to make progress in.
Carving your own path is great.
Carving your own path also sucks, some of the time.

So, what is it that 30 years means?

I've met a lot of people.
    I even still keep in touch with some of them.
    And though I've yet to commit to someone to spend forever with
    I'm still glad for the time I've spent with those I know.

I've learned a lot of things
    Sure, some people learn quicker than me
    Or are better at using what they know
    Or playing the career game
    But, well, I feel that a lot of what I've learned is worth knowing.
        (or, at least, trivia I could put in a quiz someday).

I've grown a lot physically
    The first few years were the hardest, but I've grown beyond that
    I am still active, still doing sports
        I'm not quite at the level I would like
        And my body may soon start to grow weaker
        But I've got to do some really cool things, and play in some interesting places

I've made a lot of mistakes
    Like, a lot
    And I'm still making them
        Although, they're different mistakes now
    I have some mistakes I think I wont make again

I'm 30. 
I'm still figuring things out.
I don't have many answers yet.
Although, I think I am starting to figure out what the right questions are supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment