16 November 2022

Time to ponder

This morning, I watched a video on the soul
Where science fiction had proposed the transplant
Art had made us question our moral goal
Are we the same person from adult to infant?

And then I put it down. Finished breakfast. And cycled to work.

It felt like I should let the idea dwell in my mind
Say no, I'm sorry, I'm busy today
I have philosophical avenues I'm trying to find
I can't go about on my routine way

Alas, alas, in the Monday-to-Friday nine-to-five
You must clock in your hours
No time for things that make you feel more alive
You are subject to higher powers

It is then, the miracle of our brain capacity
To switch task with only some trouble at a logic gate
Our subconscious will still process while we do our duty
Until we can return to things at a later date.

And, while capitalism is still a foe to fight and
while the minds' flexibility is truly wonderous 
I'm mainly grateful I have time at all to enlighten
Even if it sometimes feels squashed into breakfast


***


Video in question - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMkrrjKf5AE

No comments:

Post a Comment