7 December 2022

Being a burden

I've realised that I never ask for help when it makes my life easier
Only when it's absolutely necessary
I don't want to be a bother
I don't want to be a burden

And I forget that giving help is one of the greatest things you can show as a friend
I never let people do that
I never want people to think I take their help for granted
So I never take their help

Does it contradict the image I hold of myself?
Do I see it as weakness?
Or do I know how weak I am and not want others to realise?
Affirming how weak I know myself to be

I would rather realise my flaws through self reflection
Than from the kind words of a friend
I'm scared of being too dependent
But I also need to not cut myself off

There is a balance between the two
And I know I have not got it right, for now

No comments:

Post a Comment