14 December 2022

Modern TV

One of the great challenges of adulthood, is accepting you'll never watch everything.
We are genuinely in a golden age of "television" and I love it.
I love that people can lose themselves in worlds.
I love that so many writers and actors are plying their trades.
That shows from anywhere in the world can reach a global audience.
That the old gatekeepers of TV don't have quite as much power anymore.

Some folk seem to have a mystical power to absorb days of content in mere hours.
To have the dedication necessary to see a character through series and series of turmoil.
It's a job. Well, it sometimes feels to me that way. 
I'm scared to try something that I then have to see through to the end.

I like one season shows. It seems more my speed.
The right amount of emotional investment and then get out quick.
I just can't keep up otherwise. It passes me by.

The stories are great. The acting, phenomenal. The visuals, sublime.
The watcher? He takes too many breaks.

I'll never watch everything. And that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment