2 April 2013

#14 To lose a friend

I've started to grow distant from some friends of old
And it's always painful when I realise that this is the case
That we've neared the end of our story to be told
We're still running, but no longer in the same race

It's tough. But there isn't much you can do, I guess
There's so many people and so many places
That my mind and memory is a mess.
It's hard to keep track of all the faces

They keep changing without me
It was painful to realise
That people aren't going to wait politely
For me to stop and re-enter their lives

Yet for most, I hope, they'd still stop to chat
If the chance arrived, they'd not just pass me by
I know some who already chose to do that
And though it hurts me, I do it to others, no lie.

So to everyone out there who I haven't seen a while
I beg your patience, but go on living well
Advance yourself, and do it with a smile
So that if we meet again you have a story to tell

No comments:

Post a Comment