16 March 2016

End of days?

The preacher he screaches at the tops of his tobacco stained lung
"Beware the end of days, whether you are old or young
I'm not sure if you have heard my words before
But we are all dying and the Earth's at war!

Beware the plagues, beware the frogs and especially the locusts
Be aware of this sage, take logs and don't lose your focus
We walk on a knife's edge, about to fall into a chasm
I Talk truth of life and you people bawl twitch and spasm

Can you not see the signs, have you never listened to the news?
This planet is dyin', glisten the truth of our abuse
There's new pestilence, diseases, we're either obese or starving
Oh, the ignorance of the young, is this not somewhat startling?"

Stoic, I stared. I did not intende to be cruel.
Wishing not to mock drive, I had to question fuel.
"Dear sir, much older and more experienced than I
I know not the manner by which we shall die

The wisdom of the ancients are not mine to claim
Yet please take heed of what I say all the same
We are living in our most peaceful era of existence
We've far less war, we've almost slain pestilence

Humanity is global now. We are all kin folk.
We can chat over miles, hell we can cry and joke.
If this is truly to be the way we, as humanity, go
There is no more reasonable end that I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment