28 December 2016

Lost in time

I've been lost in space many times
Misplaced my way and trespassed lines
It's fine. I guess.
Sometimes I leave a mess
But mostly, it's for the best.

Because it's only by going places we aren't meant to
That we realise where we're supposed to be.
Echolocate our way to home in the midst of this cacophany.

So let us sound out the solution to the problem I now see
I'm not exactly sure when I am supposed to be.

Yes you read that right, and no, I'm not talking in jest.
Because in this world I always have so little time to invest.

Just as I get comfortable, settled in to a season
It always ups and passes by without reason

The earth keeps on spinning and rotating and falling
Meaning I'm never winning and I find this appalling

I guess, well, I just take more time than most to adjust
So I find myself out of sorts. And I've cried and I've cussed
But it doesn't matter. Watches I watch don't stop on a dime.
And I find myself, once again, a man out of time.

Maybe I should go forward. Predict the next trend.
But then it wont be long until, that too, will end.
I'll be out of sorts once more, once more out of mind.
So maybe then there's a whole different decade to find?

I've seen people do it. Stick themselves in the past.
They cling desperately until their very last.
While it's sad in a way, it's also inspiring.
They think I'm there judging, I'm simply stood there admiring.
Impressed by the strength of character, resilience of mind.
To always keep their clockwork up tight - never unwind.

But that's their destiny, so I'll be aware just for me.
A traveller should never know where they're supposed to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment