8 November 2017

Taste

You know that thing you think is awesome?
The one that blows your mind, every time?
Yeah. I tried it.
And I think it's alright. Like, not bad, not at all! Just, well, alright.

Here's what that doesn't mean - that it's any different to before.
It's still the awesome thing that makes you smile
Just a little bit, every time it crosses your mind.

It simply means that, on this thing, we have a different taste.

And I'll embrace the chance to let you try again.
Help me sit in your shoes
And I will gladly follow your instructions on how to to your laces.

But part of what makes our experience personal
     is that it is personal.
We all see things in different ways.

Maybe I would have enjoyed it if I were sixteen
    And still full of energy and anger
Maybe if I were a different gender. Or height. Or, well, not me.
Often, I get confused as to why I don't enjoy something as much as I think I should have.

Just, don't force it. I've yet to meet someone with whom I don't share any passions.
We will find that thing.
And on that thing we will share joy and excitement and beauty and memories.

But this one?
This is yours. And don't let that be taken away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment