1 November 2017

The lifeblood pumps

It's a conspiracy. But that doesn't make it any less true.
Just because it's only known to a select few
It defies all logic and knowledge and reason
Hey! Did you know the Earth's orbit isn't what causes the seasons?

I know I sound like a madman, and that I may well be
But please take a few seconds and listen to me
My statement is dramatic enough it may have given you pause
Now listen as I tell you the actual cause

There are pumps. They go way deep below the ground.
Below where oil and dinosaurs are found
They gather the heat of Earth's molten blood
And pump it slowly through the seas and the mud

The process it starts as quite a slow thing
Around the time you may know commonly as spring
The energy it imparts can prove of great worth
As it allows plants to grow and animals to give birth

It quickens, intensifies, and reaches it's peak around July
But this is science - this energy can't just instantly die
Instead it is pumped back, and the pipes tumble and Fall
Being sent back to the core of molten halls

There it is rejuvenated, with oxygen and other things
The pumps of this lifeblood, they squeal and sing
The surface is cold, the cycle will begin again from the start
And know you know the inner workings of our own planet's heart


I made this poem in collaboration with my cousin Farai. Our topic was "The change of the season", and I was inspired by her use of a heart to show the different parts of the year to write this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment