20 February 2019

You've probably never seen me this way

You've probably never seen me this way
These aren't things that normal people display
I've lost a few days to this beast in my skull with no sleep and it shows
I keep composure with a bigger dose
I'm not alright
- Sandpeople, Not Alright

You've probably never seen me this way,
The things I keep hidden away
The way I act on my own
When I'm left all alone
I'm not alright

It's those days when I try to get ready
My mind wants to leave but my body holds steady
When I know in my heart
That it's time to depart
Wondering why I haven't left already

You've done so much, why can't you do this thing?
You aren't afraid of crowds, even if you can't sing
But I can't find the energy
I find it's left me already
Despite the joy I know it will bring

Do you ever go to move and find yourself depleted?
Those moments you go to fight life and feel defeated?
I don't miss things by a lack of respect
My body's circumspect
And I know this act will be repeated

How do you act that people don't see?
I wonder if you're so different to me?
I want to be more open
About how I'm actually coping
So others don't feel so lost at sea


No comments:

Post a Comment